We’re looking for an Assistant IT Systems Administrator based in our Gateshead office, on a permanent basis.
What will you do?
As an Assistant IT Systems Administrator, you’ll assist the Systems Administration Manager in delivering a high quality, customer focused and efficient IT service to all employees, worldwide. You’ll provide user support for all software and hardware used by the business and identify root causes of issues, to be able to provide solutions. You’ll also ensure server and network operation is regularly maintained, to enable the business to operate effectively.
What are we looking for?
We’re looking for a self-motivated, organised individual with excellent communication skills, strong attention to detail and a customer-focused attitude.
Our ideal candidate will have:
· Experience of working with various Linux and Windows Operating Systems
· A good understanding of LAN, WAN and associated technologies
· An understanding of IT principles and the ability to communicate technical concepts effectively, to a varied audience
· The ability to provide high levels of end user support on hardware, software, telephony & networks
· A minimum of 1 years’ experience of providing technical support
· And be educated to a minimum Level 3 BTEC Diploma / A Level standard or equivalent
Our ideal candidate may also have experience of:
· Working with helpdesk systems in an IT support environment
· Using Confluence, JIRA and other systems used in software development environments such as GIT, Coverity, etc.
· Telephony administration
· Administering hypervisors, creation/administration of VM’s
· Scripting technologies such as Python & Ruby
· Or may have Industry recognised qualifications, e.g. MCP, MCITP, CCNA, CompTIA Linux+
Why work for us?
· The chance to work with brilliant, like-minded individuals who love what they do
· The chance to innovate and drive a business and industry forward, by defining the standards
· Informal working environment and a casual dress code
· Some great benefits, including 25 days annual leave, rising to 30 with service and Private Medical Insurance
· Contributory Pension Scheme
· Freedom to operate and innovate
· Opportunities to develop your career across our global organisation
· Not forgetting our lunchtime Yoga sessions, of course!
What are you waiting for? Apply NOW!
If you think you have the skills to become an Assistant Systems Administrator at ADLINK, we’d love to hear from you!