We’re looking for both Junior and Senior Software Engineers, to be based in our expanding Hengelo (Netherlands) office, on a 12 month fixed term contract basis.
What will you do?
You will work in a team of highly skilled and experienced Software Engineers, based in Hengelo. The team is responsible for developing Vortex DDS, an implementations of the Object Management Group's (OMG) Data Distribution Service (DDS) for Real-Time Systems Standard and includes DDS implementations that can be used to support a range of device technologies, operating systems and programming languages required by a project.
Your challenge will be to build the middleware, that enables applications developed by ADLINK customers, quicker, cheaper and more reliable in a distributed environment, by moving responsibility for reliable data distribution from the application developer to the middleware, DDS. As DDS is real-time and with the knowledge that not all data is created equally, a data-sharing platform like DDS should acknowledge importance, urgency, persistence and reliability as complementary aspects of data that serve one goal: assuring the right data is available at the right place, at the right time.
As a Software Engineer, you will be involved in further development of our DDS product line, utilising all aspects of agile software development, but also supporting customer engagements and product support, with appropriate supervision.
What are we looking for?
Our ideal candidate will have:
· For the Junior Engineer position, a recent qualification in a computing related degree and a passion to learn the intricate details of software development and languages.
· For the Senior Engineer position, have 5 years of experience in industry and a mature attitude to team work and getting the job done.
· Experience in one or more of the following languages: C, C++, Java
· The ability to be responsible when committing to tasks
· Excellent communication skills, including written and spoken English
· The ability to be relentless when it comes to solving problems
· Eagerness to learn and be accountable for decisions
Why work for us?
· The chance to work with brilliant, like-minded individuals who love what they do
· Casual dress approach
· 30 days’ annual leave
· Travel allowance
· Contributory Private Health Insurance
· Contributory Pension Scheme
· Freedom to operate and innovate
· The chance to travel internationally
· Opportunities to develop your career across our global organisation
What are you waiting for? Apply NOW!
If you think you have the skills to become a Software Engineer (Junior or Senior) at ADLINK, we’d love to hear from you!