We're looking for a Technical Writer, to be based in our Gateshead office, on a permanent contract basis.
What will you do?
You’ll create and maintain user manuals and other product documentation, while meeting clients scheduling requirements. You’ll edit and proofread marketing materials including datasheets, ads, PRs, white papers, application stories & video scripts and you’ll also work with other members of the Technical Writing team on continual improvement of product documentation quality.
What are we looking for?
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Proven experience working in a technical writing position (minimum 2 years)
- Proficiency in MS Office, FrameMaker, Acrobat, Illustrator
- The ability to collaborate with Product Managers and R&D to create user-friendly documentation that targets ease of setup, configuration, deployment, and operation
- The ability to manage multiple projects with varying priorities; balance time/resource allocation to meet challenging scheduling requirements
- The ability to take complex technical information and translate that to consumers with a limited technical background
- The ability to complete detail-oriented layout and graphics
- The ability to assist marketing in giving customers an appreciation of the product’s benefits and advantages
In addition, our ideal candidate may also have:
- Experience in modules and/or box PCs
- Familiarity with industrial automation, artificial intelligence, and robotics
- BA/BSc in communications or computer related field
- Fluency in Mandarin
Why work for us?
- The chance to work with brilliant, like-minded individuals who love what they do
- The chance to innovate and drive a business and industry forward, by defining the standards
- Informal working environment and a casual dress code
- Some great benefits, including 25 days annual leave, rising to 30 with service and Private Medical Insurance
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Opportunities to develop your career across our global organisation
What are you waiting for? Apply NOW!
If you think you have the skills to become a Technical Writer at ADLINK, we’d love to hear from you!